AMY Advances Intellectual Property Portfolio For Recycling Lithium Ion Batteries
Larry W. Reaugh, President and Chief Executive Officer of American Manganese Inc., (TSX.V: AMY; OTC US: AMYZF; FSE: 2AM) (“AMY” or the “Company”) is pleased to report the Company’s progress on recent innovations developed for advancing the Company’s intellectual property portfolio for recycling lithium-ion batteries:
- A chemical method of detaching aluminum foil from active cathode compounds has been developed;
- A novel gravity separation method has been developed to separate the detached aluminum foil from the active cathode compounds into separate streams;
- A novel mineral processing method has been developed to separate residual carbon, graphite, copper and aluminum from shredded and heat-treated batteries sourced from a European recycler.
- A novel hydrometallurgical treatment was developed to remove fluoride originating from the electrolyte in shredded and heat-treated batteries sourced from a European recycler.
- A novel method to concentrate lithium was developed that will be integrated into the flowsheet which will reduce the number of steps and equipment required for AMY’s flowsheet.
About Kemetco Research Inc.
Kemetco Research is a private sector integrated science, technology and innovation company. Their Contract Sciences operation provides laboratory analysis and testing, field work, bench scale studies, pilot plant investigations, consulting services, applied research and development for both industry and government. Their clients range from start-up companies developing new technologies through to large multinational corporations with proven processes.
Kemetco provides scientific expertise in the fields of Specialty Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Process and Extractive Metallurgy. Because Kemetco carries out research in many different fields, it is able to offer a broader range of backgrounds and expertise than most laboratories.
About American Manganese Inc.
American Manganese Inc. is a diversified specialty and critical metal company focused on capitalizing on its patented intellectual property through low cost production or recovery of electrolytic manganese products throughout the world, and recycling of spent electric vehicle lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.
Interest in the Company’s patented process has adjusted the focus of American Manganese Inc. toward the examination of applying its patented technology for other purposes and materials. American Manganese Inc. aims to capitalize on its patented technology and proprietary know-how to become the industry leader in recycling spent electric vehicle lithium-ion batteries and recovering 100% of the cathode metals such as: Lithium-Cobalt, Lithium-Cobalt-Nickel-Manganese, Lithium-Cobalt-Aluminum and Lithium-Manganese (Please see the Company’s March 23, 2018 Company’s Business Plan (“CBP”) for further details).
On behalf of Management
AMERICAN MANGANESE INC.
Larry W. Reaugh
President and Chief Executive Officer